Our planet - and our town - faces its biggest public health challenge in recent times in the wake of the coronavirus outbreak.
Eastbourne Borough Council, led by Councillor David Tutt, is working around the clock across our community to lead our town through this virus. Neighbouring councils are doing the same to supports residents in Willingdon, Jevington and Wannock.
See below details of how you can access support from the local authority and community groups at this time.
- The latest government update - https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Eastbourne Borough Council coronavirus hub - 01323 679722
- Wealden District Council coronavirus hub - 01323 443322
Government social distancing advice
- 'Shielding' and the medically extremely vulnerable - www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-on-shielding-and-protecting-extremely-vulnerable-persons-from-covid-19
- 'Social distancing' and vulnerable people - www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-on-social-distancing-and-for-vulnerable-people
Benefits and money-related support
- Benefits advice: East Sussex Benefits Helpline - 0333 344 0681
- Council tax queries: Eastbourne Borough Council - 01323 410000
- Business support: Eastbourne Chamber of Commerce - 01323 641144
- Business rates queries: Eastbourne Borough Council - 01323 410000
- East Sussex County Council (Adult Social Care) - 0345 608 0191
- Department for Education Coronavirus line - 0800 046 8687
Grocery shopping and prescription pick ups
- Age UK East Sussex – 01273 476704
- King’s Church - 07517 244 920
- List of businesses delivering groceries - https://www.eastbournelibdems.org.uk/delivery
- Non-emergency - Visit https://111.nhs.uk/ or call 111
- Emergency - 999
- NHS mental health resources - https://www.nhs.uk/oneyou/every-mind-matters
Are you isolated and looking to speak to someone?
- Eastbourne Volunteers Befriending - 07501909048
- The Silver Line - 0800 4 70 80 90
- Samaritans - 116 123
Would you like to volunteer locally?
- 3VA - Visit https://www.3va.org.uk/
- Citizens Advice Bureau - 03444 111 444