NHS staff and key workers, this is a message for you:
Like the rest of the country, we're in awe of the hard work you're doing to save lives and keep our country moving. Your bravery and commitment is nothing short of inspiring.
We've compiled a list of organisations - in Eastbourne and beyond - that are offering freebies and discounts to heroes like you. We hope that these offers will go a little way in helping make things a tiny bit easier for you at this difficult time, and to say thank you for all the sacrifices you are making for us.
Discounts and freebies as at 24/4/20
- Pomodoro e Mozzerela (Town Centre) – 10% off takeaways for NHS staff, police and firefighters. 01323 733800.
- Tally Ho (Old Town) – Free takeaway meal for carers and their families in Old Town every Thursday. Get in touch via their Facebook.
- Ganges (Sovereign Harbour) – 10% off food bill for NHS workers in Eastbourne.
- Just Eat - 25% off takeaway food for NHS staff until 26th April.
Groceries and food supplies
- Morrisons – 10% off for NHS staff until 12th July.
- WHSmith- 20% off food and drinks in all hospital stores for all NHS staff.
- Soulful Food - £10 off cases of 12 chilled vegan ready meals to NHS staff. Get your discount code by emailing email@example.com from your NHS email account.
- Vibrant Vegan - £15 off cases of 6 frozen vegan ready meals to NHS staff. Get your discount code by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from your NHS email account.
- Vita Coco – Free case of coconut water for anyone unable to work from home. Send them an Instagram message to apply.
- 720 Taxis – 20% off for NHS staff and care workers.
- Eastbourne Motoring Centre – Assorted discounts for emergency services staff.
- Stagecoach Buses - Free bus travel for NHS staff.
- NCP Parking – Free parking for NHS staff in NCP car parks. Use code NHSFREE, which is automatically applied when you book through the website ncp.cp.uk.
- Halfords - Free 10 point car check, including top-ups of tyre inflation, screen wash and checks on oil levels, headlights and brake lights.
- AA - Free breakdown cover for NHS staff (membership not required).
- Kwik Fit - 10% off tyres, services and batteries on online orders for NHS staff until the 30th of June 2020.
- Airbnb - Free local place to stay for frontline NHS staff. Airbnb will aim to connect you with free local accommodation if you’re working more than 30 minutes away from your home, or need to isolate yourself from people who are particularly vulnerable to COVID-19 in your household.
- Headspace – Free access to everyone. Headspace is a popular mindfulness and meditation app. Support with meditation, sleep and more.
- WellDoing – Free online therapy for NHS workers.
- Heather Wellbeing – Free online therapy for NHS practitioners.
- Unmind – Free access to mental health and wellbeing tools for NHS workers. Support with areas such lack of sleep, coping with parenting and supporting others.
Physical health and beauty
- MoveGB - Free online fitness classes for NHS staff.
- Gillette - Free razor. Meant for frontline NHS staff who need to shave to ensure that tight-fitting face masks and respirators fit correctly.
- O2 - 25% off on O2 Perks and Airtime Plans.
- Vodafone – Free unlimited mobile data for NHS staff for 30 days.
- EE – Free unlimited data until 9 October for EE pay monthly mobile plan customers who are NHS staff.
- Microsoft Teams – Free use of secure video chat platform for key workers.
- Missguided- 40% off online on Health Service Discounts or with a Blue Lights Card.
- All Ironed Out - 30% off on-demand ironing service for NHS staff Free collection & delivery.
- Kurt Geiger - 50% off for a year when stores re-open.
- Seraphine - 30% off maternity clothing online for NHS workers.
Surprises and treats
- Inspired by Brufords – 12% off for NHS workers on selected products.
- Hotel Chocolat – 50% off online order for NHS workers of Blue Light Card holders until 30th April.
- Bloom and Wild – 40% off flowers delivery for NHS, social care, emergency services and armed forces workers.
Know of any others? Please contact us on email@example.com to let us know. Thank you!