The Shinewater & North Langney Partnership is growing in strength. The Partnership includes over 20 organisations including local schools, churches, sports, voluntary organisations, Councils, youth, health, park groups, police, community library and ECO groups. Local residents are welcome to join the group.
Some of the areas covered by the group’s Action Plan:
- Community engagement and participation. Planning future events and consultation activities following successful Fun Day last summer and the Commonplace Survey;
- 2022 Fun Day proposed date Saturday July 2nd contact Cllr Candy Vaughan if you would like to help with planning;
- Youth engagement including working with YMCA and local schools to develop more opportunities for young people. We welcome youngsters who want to join;
- Community Spaces. Maximising the use of local spaces (indoor and out) for local groups. Promoting new start-up groups. There is a fund for potential new groups;
- Local Environment and Climate Change Initiatives: Carbon Neutral 2030 initiatives;
- Working with PlasticFreeEastbourne initiatives:
- Spring Water Festival 13th – 22nd May - range of activities includes New Refill stations
- Treebourne tree planting in the community project
Shinewater Park and Sevenoaks Recreation Ground and Community Gardens
- New Shinewater Angling Group and environmental and community events
- Updates on Tree project, and Community Garden plans .
If you are interested in joining the Partnership Group, Contact Cllr Alan Shuttleworth Chair of the Partnership for more information: [email protected]