Alan Shuttleworth opposed the building on Friday Street Farm and is fighting the proposals to build on Eastbourne Park, adjacent to Sevenoaks Road.
A private planning application has been lodged by S.E. Homes & Land Ltd for permission to build on the Eastbourne Park side of Sevenoaks Road. The application reference is 210196 and is for 15 semi-detached dwellings with 15 parking spaces on the western side of this busy road opposite Kingfisher Drive.
Cllr Alan Shuttleworth has written to all those properties closest to the development site and many have already put in objections. Alan’s reasons for refusal are:
- its location on the edge of the flood plain which protects the area from flooding
- the detrimental effect on the local habitats including many migratory birds
- the impact on an already overcrowded and busy road, and its proximity to schools
- the inadequate provision for parking within the plans
- the impact on local services
- the detrimental effect of climate change on increasing flood risk
- the inadequacies in existing drainage and sewerage provision in the area
- the dangerous nature of introducing a new access into this busy road
At the present time we are waiting to hear if Eastbourne Borough Council Planning Department will decide to turn down this development for the above reasons, and then it will not need to go to a Planning committee.
If it is required to go to a planning committee we will inform all those living closest to the development area so that they can continue to press for a refusal. Alan will continue to oppose the development at any Planning committee meeting.