Community Wise make a huge contribution to many groups and the lives of many individuals in our area.
Upperton & Old Town Lib Dem Councillors were pleased to be able to use their Ward's Devolved Budget to jointly support the Charity re-open their centre in Ocklynge Rd following the Covid 19 Lockdown. The Funding covered the necessary alterations and changes required to satisfy Government Guidelines on making the building safe for staff volunteers and customers.
Ward Devolved Budget Eastbourne Borough Council allocate each Ward in the Town an Annual Devolved Budget of £10,000 so that Councillors can financially support or pump prime local projects who are otherwise unlikely to raise funds.
Upperton supported the following projects in the last Financial Year:
- Memory Lane
- Eastbourne Defibrillator Partnership
- Children’s Climate Library
- Bringing Life to the Heart of Eastbourne
- Tree planting Hartfield Square to replace trees lost through disease
- Tree planting at Upperton Road and Le Brun Road
- Gildredge Park Forest School at the Tennis in the Park site
- Holding Space
- JPK Project